Thursday, April 2, 2009

In a world where love is a "what"


A post was long due and I was wondering what to write in my blog. Sometimes I feel like putting across what ever crap that comes in my mind to get a better picture of what I am thinking lately. Sometimes I wonder to write about my reservations against so called “arranged” marriage in the Indian society. Everything that came across wasn’t convincing enough to compel me to write a post.
Love is in the air I believe and I think you needn’t be in a relationship to feel that. Whatever I see read or hear lately is all about the love of someone over the other or simply love as a matter of topic. You won’t believe if I say that I came across such a thing in a cricket based site that I usually read. My favorite section of the site cricinfo is Quote Unquote where in they publish those things spoken by cricketers and anyone associated with the game. It usually carries what the cricketers spoke about other cricketers and the comments of editors in various cricket magazine that makes it all the more an interesting read as you get a first hand feel of what’s happening in their cricketing and personal life.
It happened today that I came across couple of statements in that section that proved my conviction of love in the air is true. The statements are below.

"I will not be without her for 11 weeks ever again, we've decided that."
Kevin Pietersen on how much he missed his wife Jessica Taylor while he was in the Caribbean. In days of old cricketers were sometimes away for up to seven months on tours

Apr 1, 2009

"I'm just Jane McGrath's husband these days"
Glenn McGrath reflects on how his work with the foundation named after his late wife has taken over his life

Mar 31, 2009

I have some reservations to believe what Kevin has said for the mere reason that it was posted on the 1st of April and i shall follow him up to have a post about it sometime in the future. But whatever McGrath has told was right from the bottom of the heart.
I like McGrath as a bowler for his disciplined bowling which is precise and accurate most of the time. But I don’t like him as a sportsman for the simple reason of his foul mouth and ruthlessness that he brings in to the field. His on field behavior doesn’t go well with me and that doesn’t impress me much though he is a champion bowler. This painted a picture of his personality in my mind.
I always had a liking to the news of the personal life of a cricketer for it helps you understand the cricketer as a human being. So I was a follower of the Glenn and Jane McGrath story too. Though not closely, any bit of news that pops in a magazine or a site I hardly miss if got a chance to read. Coming from a culture where Shane Warne is his compatriot I truly admire this guy’s love for his lady love. He met Jane in the year 1995 and she was diagnosed with cancer in the year 1997. Despite knowing this he married her in the year 1999 and they had couple of children to make the family complete. He fought a fight that no man dared to. He fought with his wife to spread the awareness of breast cancer. Together they started the McGrath foundation that helps spread awareness on breast cancer and raise funds for its treatment. Jane passed away in the year 2008 leaving Glenn to fight the battle all alone which he happily does for the love he had for his woman.
In a world where love and respect to the people who are alive is insignificant Glenn stands out as a humble human being doing what they are bound to do on this earth i.e. to love unconditionally. People admire Taj Mahal for the mere reason of its existence – the love a king had for his queen and I don’t see Glenn any lesser than him. It might sound melodramatic but true to the last word. Jane was a good human being and she thoroughly deserves a man like Glenn.
Yes I like Glenn as a human being now. I respect and admire him for the person he is.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful thought, but i'll not totally agree with your stand on kevin pietersen and shane warne. In a world where love is given the top priority, there are some lucky people who fall right away in the hands of perfect love, while others spend a life time to search for their love :)

    ReplyDelete