Friday, January 8, 2010

Distance


Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Validation

Distance, it is defined as the property created by the space between two objects or points. The distance I have been thinking about lately is the property created by the space between two individuals those who are into a relationship. Yes distance plays a very important role in relationships today and my claim largely encapsulates only my generation as I don’t know how it was in the past and I am no Nostradamus to predict how it will be in the future. This post is largely influenced by a break up of one of my friends. The relationship is eight years old and it was considered to go to the nuptials during the college days but it happened that it had to fall apart just before the finish line and no marks to guess the reason behind it, the distance of course.

It’s not that they are separated by seven seas that all hell broke lose between them. They were very much in the same city. But the distance was in their minds. They didn’t realize that a void was building up between them. When the lips stop uttering the heart stops listening, isn’t it? Communication has such a pivot role in relationships I assume. The girl chose a guy who works with her. That should explain it all. Relativity, I would say. Einstein would have reinstated his relativity theorem with this analogy if he were to be my contemporary ;)

Fragile hearts debile bonding and people with faltering minds that can not see through a blue day are the secret ingredients of the so called “perfect” relationships. For them responsibilities are compromises, commitment is too much to be expected. I am no relationship guru but then this is my space and I can write what I feel like. I might sound too ridiculous for my fast track generation whose mantra is ‘move on (cos it sounds really cool, doesn’t it??)’. I don’t insist to stop and rue the worthwhile life but be sincere. When I sound ‘sincere’ it adds on “serious” in many people’s mind but it’s only a phantasm. Sincere is devoid of seriousness and it can be played cool. That’s what real cool people do. Chetan bhagath’s 2 states is a book that emphasises my claim and its worth reading for people in relationship where there is a quiet a distance, literally.

NOTE TO CHETAN: You owe me a portion on the sales of the book “2 states” for I am providing you free marketing in my space. Hope you are listening ;)
I am the fourth idiot you are going to have a tough time with :)

1 comment:

  1. A nice post with a meaningful message, only if the so called 'fast generation' would understand it. We have often heard the English proverb 'Distance makes the heart grow fonder'. This holds true if we don't create barriers in our hearts.
    Norman Cousins, an American political journalist says, "The tragedy of life is not death, but what we let die inside of us while we live."
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.Try your hand at playing the relationship guru!!!
    I am currently reading Chetan Bhagat's '2 states'...I do hope he is listening to you..If I post a review about his book on my blog I'll be the fifth idiot in the making :)

    ReplyDelete