Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Validation
Its February 14th again and it has been never been special for me for I don’t see it any special day than a normal day. The couples going out and the politicos making their presence felt has been the order of the business lately. Valentines Day as I see it is a cultural bug that enamored the Indian youngsters and politicos alike for their own reason is a bi product of globalization. I have been smitten by that bug too. Its better to run with the crowd than to be the odd one out, isn’t it? ;)

This Valentine’s Day I got few confessions to make. First confession is to my first girl friend. I have never gone public about my feelings for her. I have never told her that I loved her and neither did she. Sometimes you don’t need words to tell someone how much they are loved and cared. Calls when you wake up, calls when you have your breakfast, calls when you are at work, calls when you are on the go just reminds you that you are always there in her mind and you never get tired of it no matter what. We have confrontations, arguments, opposition, and disagreement over trivial things and I still do remember the days when I used to get all the bashings from her. Despite all odds we are still going strong just like the way we started twenty seven years back. Yes I love my mom, my first girl friend. No matter how many ever followed no one could come closer to better her (showing off that I too had my chances ;)
I love you mom for what you are and for all the love you showered. Though we are not in great deal of terms at the moment I look forward to make amends soon to get back in terms.

The next confession is to my old man. Despite carrying the grudge and vengeance of all the bashings and knuckles I was tendered by him I can’t deny the fact that it made the man what I am today. With the consolation that he is not going to read this one I can tell out loud “papa I love you”. It’s a bit embarrassing, but it’s ok ;)

Over to my brother who gave me tough time snatching the love and attention off me when growing up and still continuing to call over jealousy when mom says something like “the house is empty when this crack goes out” notwithstanding my obvious presence. I love you bro.

Now to the real confession ;)
To the girl I gave my heart and occupy my mind and stays in my thoughts without paying any rent I got to tell her only one thing. I love you and I meant it every time I said that. You will be missed big time.I dont know whether i will have another valentines day to confess ;)

With the cliché last but not the least I ponder upon my friends without whom I am incomplete. Thanks for all the time you shared with me bearing all my nonsense. I love you all and it’s only with you guys that I can tell this without the slightest of hesitancy. I love you guys for all that you gave me.

To the seen, unseen, acquainted, left, staying, lingering, I LOVE YOU ALL.

Wish you all a happy valentines day :)

4 comments:

  1. HEY, That was really sweet :)
    cute in fact.
    bhavana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..thats so sweet :) Hope you have a loving time with your 1st girlfriend soon :)Wish you a Happy Valentine Day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant post! You have said it all.
    There is a quote by David Grayson: "Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so."
    So great that you made the most of this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha now atleast you understood that you were killing us with your mokkai everytime :)
    Your this post melted away all the frustrations that I had against your mokkai :P

    Happy valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete