Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Broken mirror


Back after a small break.


An eternity is not enough to know a person.
You like someone not because that person is good but we consider that person is good because we like them.
I was collecting stones all this time, while i believed that i was collecting jewels.
Never betray a trust, trust when violated, can ruin even the best friendship.

The above statements will all hold good and make sense when the person you believed to be your best buddy turns out to be a back talker. When someone back talks we can take comfort from the thought that we are way ahead than the person who is back talking. But when the person turns out to be someone whom you thought to be your best buddy then it really hurts. It was brewing in me for long to put it across somewhere and the breaking point has come where in now i feel like alleviating the negative thoughts and energy in me.
When you realize all of a sudden that the person you have been walking along with, rubbing shoulders and sharing jokes with genuine feeling of friendship has not been reciprocating in the same way then there is a sullen feeling sinking in. What hurts the most is not that someone has back talked but the thought that if that someone shared the same genuine feeling of friendship it would have never happened in the first place.
Ever since it happened with me i started scrutinizing the behavior of that someone to realize that the fault was not with that someone but with me. I was so blind and naive to see the true self of that individual. May be because I was overwhelmed by the feeling i had for that person that i failed to see the true colors. May be friendship is not that someone's cup of tea. I can come up with a million maybes and still can’t zero in on a reason. No one is to be blamed but me. It was a lesson for a lifetime. It might change my outlook towards considering someone to be a friend and the ‘someone’ I meant here is anyone but I believe it’s for my own good. Life goes on and I have learnt to wear a fake smile which I am still getting used to. From someone who had genuine feeling in the mind while moving around with people to someone who wears a smiling mask is a huge transition that came along with a hefty experience.
A post with a heavy heart adds more to the blog like an Indian masala movie. Few thoughts of wisdom come across my mind as I write this now. Trust is like a mirror, once broken you can still stick it up to make it one but it seldom looks the same way again. By the way I got a title with the last statement that will replace "It hurts" which was sounding very much like Saif Ali Khan in the airtel ad.


All I can say now is Adios amigo.

1 comment:

  1. Hey avin write something :) I am waiting


    Again I would like to say

    To err is human to forgive divine :)
    I know it is hard to be divine, but it is not hard to advice ;)

    ReplyDelete