Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A small effort goes a long way


I feel elated as I write this post. One of my school friends’ who is back to Chennai has been in constant touch ever since he came back from the states. During the weekends we tend to hang out together as he is as much a loser as I am when it comes to getting a girl friend. One fine Sunday as we were chatting he brought up the topic of the competitions that is happening in his company. He was participating in one of the competition which was to come up with a creative logo reflecting the mood of the occasion. The occasion was the fifth anniversary celebration of the partnership of his company with its client which was into insurance.
Soon our minds started working on the line of creating a logo that will stand out in the lot of entries that the competition will draw in. After trying few ideas we zeroed in on one logo finally which would be my friend’s entry to the competition.
I totally forgot to follow what was happening in that front. I was awaiting a surprise when my friend messaged me today that his entry has got the first prize in the competition filling me with a sense of jubilation as if I have won it. It’s a team effort I would say it needed ideas to be put into the paper and then taken into the system digitally. Sara played a part in putting the idea to the paper and jana took care of converting it into digital. It was the most creative of Sundays. Good work boys. Let us have a small celebration :)
The logo demands a bit of explanation to understand making it closer to modern art ;)

LOGO Description
-----------------
1. Company logo at the bottom as base and the client logo is on the top with celebration.
2. Blue color arcs represents number 5 for five years Relationship between them.
3. If we remove the right side arc in the bottom logo and see the whole picture it resembles a person running with a torch of glory.
4. As a whole picture it seems like a person stretching his hands and celebrating the 5 years.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations.The logo is very elegant with pleasing colors and soft on the eye.The explanatory note helped me see the man running with the torch.A well deserved recognition for what is essentially the outcome of team work.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congratulations!!! to all who took part in creating the logo, just remember to include me in ur team if there is a prize ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that was cool.... and hey congrats...
    You guys rock.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Avinash
    A very creative logo.
    reflects the in depth perspective of the creator. Congrats to you guys.
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very meaningful, unique and creative logo indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Avin,
    Your post is once again exhibiting that U ARE GEM OF A PERSON IN WRITING.
    I enjoyed reading it………
    Keep writing such STUFFS……………..
    Do visit my blog regularly, your comments r really precious 4 me.
    GOOD LUCK FOR NEXT POSTS………
    Keep Smiling………….
    Love,
    Manjari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for leaving behind your thoughts and encouraging words. Your comments add more value and charm to my blog.
    You make my blogging more meaningful. Heartfelt thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sabbaaaa.....naatla intha tholilathipargal thollai thaangala pa....punaku vikiravan.....kundu oosi vikiravan ellam tholilathipargal nu solikiranga....hmmm....monday innum clear picture tharen intha logo ku enna respect kidachudhu nu... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent stuff, Avin... Hats off to all of you who have created it..

    This is one area that I get lost in.. My mind can never imagine and come out with abstract logos which can mean something...

    On the question of how to get a girl friend, I will guide you separetely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avin
    thanks for dropping by and leaving a cool comment.
    I am finding some problems in the links to ur blog.Some technical faults I guess.
    But I'll keep visiting as soon as I am back.
    take care.

    ReplyDelete