Monday, July 13, 2009

Wedding weekend


The weekend that went by happened to see two of my friends getting married on the same day. Actually it’s three. The first wedding was that of Aparna and Mani who were my college mates and the second one was that of Vineesh who was my college mate too but they are not familiar with each other. Now wait, how can be that possible? Aparna and Mani are from the college where I did my engineering and Vineesh is from the college where I spent my time foot loosely in the name of studying mathematics. That way it was 2 wedding that involved 3 friends.
I got an insight that i had never before in the numerous weddings i attended.It made me see marriage in a light I never saw before. I saw it as a life changing incident that is inevitable in most individual’s life. Once after marriage never is life going to be the same as it used to be. Everything that has become a pattern more than two decades now has to confront a drastic change of 180 degrees. Prepared minds and people who are up for the change see it nothing more than a change in job or change of living place.
I asked these guys whether they aren’t nervous before the D-day and their reply was negative. They were pretty cool about it reflecting their state of mind which clearly said that they were up for the challenge.
What has been so far ‘thinking for me’ has to shift to ‘thinking for us’. What has been anytime, anywhere meal has to now change for the good. What has been “I” has to change to “We”. Now every action becomes accountable and the entire thinking process and the lifestyle have to undergo a whirlwind change. I was vary of this change till I saw these guys getting married pretty coolly without any fuzz showing no ounce of concern about it. It instilled a sense of authority in me that I can handle it too :)
For someone who throngs around in fourth friend’s wedding as a teenager without even an invite for the fun of it this weekend wedding has been an enlightening one. I wish the wedded couples a wonderful married life ahead and wish the transition be a smooth sail with this life changing experience.

2 comments:

  1. Enna avin, are you preparing your mind too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So finally you have decided to prepare your mind for your wedding...

    ReplyDelete